Monday, January 25, 2010

Soles 4 Souls

Today I went into my DVR and began watching Extreme Home Makeover. Beside the fact that I cry every week when I watch that show, this week was especially touching for me. The mom Delores is one heck of a woman! I don't understand how people let their houses get like that but Delores was not only attempting to fix up her house but also other houses in the community. This is a woman who really cared about others just as much as herself and her family.

Delores grew up in Jamaica and had to walk 8 miles to school every day with no shoes. So this week on Extreme Home Makeover a group called Soles 4 Souls came in and basically what they do is collect shoes and send them around the world to those in need. I went to their website www.soles4souls.org and found out that they have donated over 7 million pairs of shoes to date. Also on the website you can find local stores in your area that participate, you can donate, fundraise and even volunteer to travel with them to hand shoes out!

It is amazing what we take for granted each and every day. Check out this site and see what you can do to help!

Thanks for listening!
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment