Thursday, January 7, 2010

Girl Scout Cookies

I received an email from a very good friend of mine the other day letting me know that her daughter is selling Girl Scout Cookies. Is it that time of year already? Of course I am willing to support others, after all I was a Girl Scout myself, however I really don't want those cookies in my house. First of all, it is the new year and a lot of people have make resolutions to eat better. Secondly, I have been working very hard for the last year and a half to lose weight and get in shape. And I have conquered that. So I simply told her that I would send her a check for some cookies but they are to stay there with her and be for her kids. After a bit she sent me a message. She learned that there are many people out there like me. So what her daughter's troop is doing, is giving the purchased and unwanted cookies to a local nursing home.

I encourage you this year to support the Girl Scouts. Ask them if they have a program like this and if not, put one together. It would only take a few moments to set it up. This way the Girl Scouts win, the recipients of the cookies win, and you win for not eating them while you are on your resolution. Although I must say, she is only the first of many that I know I am going to have to dodge and pass up those Thin Mints! Dang those Thin Mints! (fists in the air)

Thanks for listening!
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment