Saturday, May 15, 2010

Struggles

There are so many things in life that we as people (and human beings) struggle with. Many of times we are aware of our struggles. Perhaps we even put our own selves in the situation on purpose. For instance, the bike ride for MS that I did. I on my own, put myself in a struggling situation. I hadn't rode a bike since junior high and then I committed to riding one for 63 miles. With that being said, it was a good struggle.

Other times there are struggles within ourselves. For instance it could be what we want to be when we grow up, how to deal with a loss in our life, or simply a way to get through the day. It is hard to deal with these struggles as there is no cure, there is no remedy and there is no definite end. When times like this arise, I am reminded of a sign that my friend has hanging by her front door. Much like the Footprints poem, remember you are not alone. Her sign reads:

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. When God takes something from your grasp, He is not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. Something good will happen to you today."

I hope you have a fantastic day and that you will remember the above quote when you have a struggle of any kind.

Thanks for listening,
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment